Thank you for your interest in the Atlanta Institute of Music and Media.
Once you have completed your admissions requirements to be accepted into the Atlanta Institute of Music and Media, you will have to follow certain procedures in order to obtain your M1 or F1 visa.
This document is intended to assist you in navigating that process.
You must start your process a minimum of 6 months prior to your desired date of enrollment; AIMM cannot make any guarantees as to processing time.
Checklist for Admissions: International Students
Proof of Funding and Tuition Payments
Students wishing to gain admission into the Atlanta Institute of Music and Media must prove that they can afford the entire cost of attendance, which includes tuition plus living expenses. All documentation must be clearly legible. Students must submit:
- Bank statements less than 3 months old showing a minimum amount of the equivalent of $61,301.46 USD.
- If the statements are not in the student’s name, the person whose bank account it is must submit a notarized letter of support.
- If the student has a sponsor who will be supporting the student financially (either fully or partially) while in the US, that sponsor must provide an affidavit of support or a notarized letter of support.
- Students will be required to complete an I-901 and pay the I-901 fee. More information is available at https://www.fmjfee.com/
- Students must pay their tuition and fees in full for each level no later than the Thursday before classes start in order to continue enrollment. Failure to meet the payment deadline may result in termination of enrollment.
International students are generally not eligible for federal financial aid; only US citizens and certain eligible non-citizens can apply for federal loans and grants. You can get more information here: www.studentaid.ed.gov
Once You Arrive…
Bring the following items to your admissions counselor or the registrar before you start classes:
- Passport (including visa and biography pages)