The Best Music School In College Park, Georgia
Our top rated Music and Media school has been serving students in College Park are for over 31 years. With our unique approach to vocation training for musicians, vocalists, audio production, and engineering we help our students launch their music careers. A music degree never limits you to a career as a professional musician and performer. The music and media curriculum we utilize is well-rounded and consists of classroom instruction, private instruction, film and television audio, DVD and video labs, computer labs, live clinics and performance opportunities. The opportunity to experience this breadth of knowledge allows all of our music students in College Park build the foundation for a successful career in any industry.
Our Degree and Certificated Music Programs
Audio Post Production Associate Degree
This program teaches technical application of music, dialogue, sound design, and location audio for , gaming, and all new media forms of expression. The courses we offer provide our students with the education necessary to further their recording and engineering abilities.
Our goal is to help students develop both their technical and practical talents. We help our students acquire the skills to advance their musical knowledge in the field of audio post production, as well as, gaining the ability to obtain a Pro Tools Certification in music production and audio for film post production.
Music and Technology Associate Degree
Our program teaches courses that have a specific focus in Drums, Guitar, Voice, Keyboard, or Horn. The program has been designed for musicians who also wish to gain knowledge in the field of recording and engineering. It is our belief that with this knowledge, it will open the door to many opportunities in our ever-changing music industry.
The combination of music and media that our Music School offers, provides students with the ability to expand their musical capabilities and further develop their career opportunities. We prepare our graduates by offering:
- live event and studio recording
- music composition performance
- audio engineering for music, gaming, film, television, and more.
Professional Instruction for Music Students
We are able to provide our College Park Music Students with cutting edge instruction by a faculty who are some of the top performers in their fields. We have faculty members with over 40 years of professional experience. Their experience, certification and degrees give them a unique background to teach the demanding, yet rewarding curriculum that our music school offers. Our professional music teachers maintain working relationships with some of the most prominent musicians in the College Park area, nationally, and abroad.
Who Has Attended or are Teachers at our College Park Music School
- Tosin Abasi - AIMM graduate and guitarist for Animals As Leaders. Animals As Leaders is revered worldwide as a trailblazing pioneer of modern heavy music. The group's genre-defying compositions have earned extensive praise - Steve Vai called the band "the future of creative, heavy virtuoso guitar playing," and MetalSucks recently ranked Abasi #2 on their list of modern metal's top guitarists
- Leslie Brathwaite - is an Oscar-nominated, multiple Grammy-winning mix engineer for Pharrell Williams ("Happy" among many others), Beyonce, Monica, Brandy, Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, Rick Ross, Ciara, Kandi, and literally hundreds more!
- Kevin Rigney - Engineered for Steve Vai, George Lynch, Paul Gilbert, The Dave Weckl Band, Tosin Abasi, Victor Wooten, Steve Bailey, and many others. Composer/Sound Design/Engineer for Adult Swim, CNN Sports, Verizon Wireless, Honeywell, Inc. and many others.
- Matt Aston - AIMM recording graduate and interned at the legendary Tree Sound Studios (where he ultimately became an engineer), and then moving over to working on location audio for an ever-growing roster of reality TV shows including The Family Hustle, The Dub Magazine Project, Kandi Factory, Real Housewives of Atlanta, Big Rich Atlanta, and many, many others!
Why Choosing Our Music School Is A Great Choice for Your Career
At The Atlanta Institute of Music and Media, it is our goal to provide students with the instructional environment to develop their musical and technical talents. We hope to provide the resources that are necessary for our students to acquire the skill to advance their careers.
We take pride in offering our music school students with the following benefits:
- Work Study Program: Students with financial needs have the opportunity to obtain a part-time position within our campus departments.
- Experience all Forms of Musical Expression in Our Curriculum: Music students in Decatur experience musical flavors from all different genres including, Jazz, Classical, Rock, Folk, Blues and R&B.
- Roommate Referral: If you are interested in finding a roommate, our Admissions Office can refer you to other students who are interested.
- Housing Assistance: We will refer you to housing nearby our campus upon your request.
- Job Placement Upon Graduation: During the final quarter of attendance, our students work with a Placement Specialist to generate a resume, and begin exploring in-field employment opportunities.
Upon graduation, we will have provided each student with the knowledge and assistance to produce and record a portfolio in order to obtain employment or self-employment in the music or production industry.
We understand that the demand for creative, dynamic and passionate musical artists is greater than ever before, and thanks to the advances in our musical technology, we can prepare our students for a career that can take them anywhere they wish to go.
The Atlanta Institute of Music and Media is changing the way the world experiences music. If you are an aspiring artist or music student, then we have the ability to help you with your future. Let us be the College Park, Ga Music School that is for you.
Click the link below to get started or advance your music career!