Lawrenceville, Georgia Music School and Degree Programs
The Atlanta Institute of Music and Media is an accredited Music School that services students in Lawrenceville, Ga. Many of our students choose us because of our unique and effective approach to vocational training for musicians, production, and engineering students.
Creating an exceptional music school experience is one of the most complex and challenging forms of education. Musical skill involves the sophisticated neuromuscular training to hit the right notes, complex auditory training to develop an ear for mixing music, a detailed understanding of the concepts and strategies, the development of music theory, and how to turn your skills into a thriving career.
All of these critical skills must be forged while still maintaining the student’s deep love of music, helping them set SMART goals, and allowing them to gain confidence as a performer in the bright lights.
Our unique music degree programs utilizes a well-rounded curriculum, classroom instruction, private instruction, audio, DVD and video labs, computer labs, and live clinics. We have comprised our Lawrenceville Music School with industry professionals whose education and work experiences have prepared them to educate and instruct our music students.
Questions When Choosing a Music College for You
- At this stage in your musical development, how do you think you measure up in terms of talent and skills?
- What area of music are you most interested in studying? Are you focused on music performance, the more academic aspects of music or are you wanting to use music for other avenues?
- Are there any faculty members that you would like to mentor you?
- In addition to music, what else do you want to study and learn?
- At this point in your life, what do you think you will want to do with a degree or certificate in music?
Our Lawrenceville, Ga Music School Programs
Once you have answered these questions, you should have a better idea on which course of action to take as a Music Student from Lawrenceville, Ga. Here are the Degree and Certificate Program options that are offered by our Music School:
- Audio Post Production Associate Degree: This program teaches technical application of music, dialogue, sound design, and location audio for film, television, gaming, and all new media forms of expression. The courses we teach provide our students with the education necessary to further their recording and engineering abilities. It is our goal to help students develop both their technical and practical talents. Our students acquire the skills to advance their musical knowledge in the field of audio post production, as well as, gaining the ability to obtain a Pro Tools Certification in music production and audio for film post production.
- Music and Technology Associate Degree: Our program teaches courses that have a specific focus in Drums, Guitar, Voice, Keyboard, or Horn. We have designed this program for musicians who also wish to gain knowledge in the field of recording and engineering. It is our belief that with this knowledge,
it will open the door to many opportunities in our ever-changing music industry.
- Certificate Program: We offer a certificate program in guitar, bass, drums, and recording that provides non-beginning students with the instructional environment to become one today's professional musicians or engineers.
Professions our Music School Alumni Regularly Work In
Our Lawrenceville Music School combines music and media to help our students expand their opportunities. We prepare our graduates to step into demanding positions, such as:
- Live event and Studio Recording
- Music Composition Performance
- Audio Engineering for Music
The courses that we are able to provide for our Lawrenceville Music School Students are taught by some of the top performers in their fields. We have faculty with over 40 years of professional experience that they are willing to share with you.
The experience, certification and degrees that our instructors have accomplished, provide them with a unique background to teach the demanding, yet rewarding curriculum that we offer. Our music professional instructors maintain working relationships with some of the most prominent musicians in the Lawrenceville area, nationally, and abroad.
These industry professionals have an abundance of knowledge that they have learned to combine with their “real world” experience to teach the most beneficial combination of courses and degree programs a music college could offer in the Lawrenceville area.
In addition to students obtaining a prestigious arts education, they are simultaneously networking to create professional relationships with these prominent engineers, producers, and musicians who at the forefront of their industries and are asked to regularly put their talents on display with many performance opportunities available.
Here are some of our Music school Teachers and Alumni:
- Tosin Abasi - AIMM graduate and guitarist for Animals As Leaders. Animals As Leaders is revered worldwide as a trailblazing pioneer of modern heavy music. The group's genre-defying compositions have earned extensive praise - Steve Vai called the band "the future of creative, heavy virtuoso guitar playing," and MetalSucks recently ranked Abasi #2 on their list of modern metal's top guitarists
- Matt Aston - AIMM recording graduate and interned at the legendary Tree Sound Studios (where he ultimately became an engineer), and then moving over to working on location audio for an ever-growing roster of reality TV shows including The Family Hustle, The Dub Magazine Project, Kandi Factory, Real Housewives of Atlanta, Big Rich Atlanta, and many, many others!
- Kevin Rigney - Engineered for Steve Vai, George Lynch, Paul Gilbert, The Dave Weckl Band, Tosin Abasi, Victor Wooten, Steve Bailey, and many others. Composer/Sound Design/Engineer for Adult Swim, CNN Sports, Verizon Wireless, Honeywell, Inc. and many others
- Leslie Brathwaite - is an Oscar-nominated, multiple Grammy-winning mix engineer for Pharrell Williams ("Happy" among many others), Beyonce, Monica, Brandy, Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, Rick Ross, Ciara, Kandi, and literally hundreds more!
We Help our Lawrenceville Music School Students by Providing:
- Work Study Program: Students with financial needs have the opportunity to obtain a part-time position within our campus departments.
- Roommate Referral: If you are interested in finding a roommate, our Admissions Office can refer you to other students who are interested.
- Housing Assistance: We will refer you to housing nearby our campus upon your request.
- Job Placement Upon Graduation: During the final quarter of attendance, our students work with a Placement Specialist to generate a resume, and begin exploring in-field employment opportunities.
If You Live In Lawrenceville GA, Consider Choosing Our Music School
It is our goal at The Atlanta Institute of Music and Media to provide students with the instructional environment to develop their musical and technical talents. It is our hope to provide the resources that are necessary for our students to acquire the skills to advance their music careers. Our curriculum is designed to accomplish this through:
- Classroom Instruction
- Practical Application
- Lab Instruction
- Live Clinics
Upon graduation, we will have provided each student with the knowledge and assistance to produce and record a portfolio in order to obtain employment or self-employment in the music or production industry.
We understand that the demand for creative, dynamic and passionate musical artists is greater than ever before, and thanks to the advances in our musical technology, we can prepare our Music School students for a career that can take them anywhere they wish to go.
We is changing the way the world experiences music. If you are an aspiring artist or music student, then we have the ability to help shape your future.
Come take a tour of our Music School in Lawrenceville, Georgia and learn more about our degree programs and certificates. Click on the link for more information!